Monday, April 23, 2012

Run Like You Want To

Running across campus at night was good way to avoid lots of things.  Even though I was really far north, just a couple of counties from the Red River, it still gets hot during the day so running away from the Sun was good.

It was also an excuse to put off my coursework for another hour or two.  Probably more like the next day or week, but I always got it done.

I also avoided traffic in two ways.  Running on campus meant crossing very few streets, staying mostly on sidewalks, and no cars.  Because it is night time you also avoid people traffic.  During the day there were thousands and thousands of students on campus, but at night it trickles down to just a scattering.

One night I passed this guy who was a bit overweight was and clearly limping along the sidewalk. It looked like he had just finished a night class.  I don't know why he was limping, but it looked like it was due to an injury.  Maybe a bad ankle or foot.  Just a brief picture that has stuck in my head for long time.

Running wasn't something that I would always be able to do. It was temporary.  Run like you want to because you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment