Sunday, April 8, 2012

Morning Donut Run

I've never really been a morning runner.  I've tried lots of things to make it better.  But after a few days, I always end up just hitting the snooze button.  Once I made it three days doing early morning runs.  I hated that third day.  I can still remember the wooden feeling running the first few blocks down my street.  Waiting on my muscles to wake up, for my body to enter a rhythm, for my head to clear.  After three miles I was back home and telling anybody who would listen that I was not running in the morning again.

A couple of years later, my wife had picked up some donut holes on her way home from the gym for "the kids" to have with breakfast.  I ate about six of them.  They were still warm.

I decided to give morning running another chance, the donuts had made me so happy.  So I walked the kids to school and then started my run.

I could taste the donuts the whole way.  Maybe that sounds good to you and maybe it doesn't, but I can guarantee that it made for one of the best morning runs I've ever done.  In fact I highly recommend it, but not everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment